BSODs falls in the critical errors category of Windows errors. Whenever a BSOD happens, it usually means that a serious error caused a system crash and Windows cannot recover from it. Since every BSOD is followed by a restart of your machine, they will always show an error message on the screen. This error message helps us identify the root of the problem. In this article, we are specifically talking about the Memory Management error code of the BSOD.
Change Your Ip Address
- Let’s start with something that is simple, CrystalDiskInfo is a primary disk checking tool that offers almost all the information an average user may need.
- It also gives you full information regarding hard drive LBAs , including LBAs at the user level, native level, and total disk LBA.
- Furthermore, it can also run “Self-Tests” on supported hard drives to check hard drive health using stringent tests instagram..com.
- it is actually and more correctly the health of os x’s file system on the primary partition or volume of the hard disk drive as opposed to the hdd’s health itself.
- On top of all these features, it also lets you quickly check the health of multiple hard drives installed with a simple click.
- This page shows how to install smartmontools on FreeBSD and use smartcl to check hard drive health on FreeBSD.
If the issue is with your Computer or a Laptop you should try using Restoro which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Restoro by clicking the Download button below. This third method will allow windows to stress each driver in order to cause the BSOD, and you can use Method # 2 to confirm which one was the driver exactly causing the issue.
Blue Screen of Deaths, or more commonly known as BSODs, are very common among Windows users. If you are a regular user of Windows, you must have come across at least a few BSODs in your life.
How To Recover Files From Hard Drive If It Is Found Not Healthy?
Type down verifier /querysettings if it gives you a result with a list of drivers then the software is running. Please note that there are certain BSOD errors related to power issues, in which you can confirm that the issue is related to hardware. Upon determining which software or driver is causing the issue, it will be necessary to reinstallit.
While downloading a driver update, make sure you download the right driver file. For example, if your computer is running Windows 32-bit OS, you need to download a graphic driver file intended for 32-bit Windows. Similarly, you need to download the right graphic driver file for 62-bit Windows OS. If you select the 1st option, the computer would restart immediately and scan the memory before booting.
If you select the 2nd option, the computer will run the memory diagnostic tool at next boot. Windows has a built-in memory diagnostic tool that can check for memory related problems. Before you run the memory diagnostic tool, make sure you save all work. In such situations, people are often suggested to power off PC safely and turn on computer again to see whether such 0x a memory management error is only caused by some fortuitous/temporary problems. Of course, the like BOSD stop error 0x a also could be directly aroused by computer hard disk drive issues, including hard drive bad sector issues, corrupted hard disk drive, failed HD/HDD and more.
Memtest will automatically start and check your memory for errors. If it encounters errors, then it’s time to replace the memory. Run the installer , select your USB Flash Drive and click Create and make sure that the Format drive option is selected else you may get errors. It’s very common to see memory problems on a system which could be caused by two things; software conflict, or defective hardware. The good thing is that in both cases you will get an error which will help you to determine which one it is. If you get an error message saying your computer has a memory problem or get a random BSOD then you will have to start digging in on how to resolve this.